Friday 20 June 2008

Townies go to see the cows



'Dear All, it is that time of year again when we take the townies out to look at the cows and feed them all for nothing in the Food Hall.'(Extract from an email from Norah Watson, PT of HE, to all staff earlier this week.)

Today, I had the pleasure of accompanying 45 of our pupils and four of my colleagues to the Royal Highland show at Ingliston in the outskirts of Edinburgh. The weather was very kind and the whole experience was just wonderful.

Highlights of the day for me included:

  • Positive feedback from all pupils
  • Seeing all the livestock – reminiscences of my crofting upbringing!
  • Wonderful food samples available in food hall
  • Meeting former pupils who had pursued a career in farming.

Thanks to Mrs Watson for organising a wonderful educational experience for all of us. I am tempted to go back on Sunday with my girls so that they can experience the magic of the Highland Show as we all did today.

No comments: